As a leader in the field of Developmental Services, Woodstock and District Developmental Services (WDDS) has experienced continuous growth and is currently recruiting Summer Students to work as Direct Support Professionals assisting people with developmental disabilities find a satisfying and purposeful place in their community by enhancing their quality of life and promoting personal growth.
WDDS provides exciting employment, advancement and leadership development opportunities. As a Summer Student, you will begin your orientation once you have completed your semester and will have the opportunity to work in Group Living, Supported Independent Living, Day Services or at our Youth Camp. If you don’t have much experience, don’t worry, we offer extensive training.
The good news is that your employment won’t end there. If you attend a local school, you would be able to work weekends and holidays. If this is not possible for you, we only ask that you work the Christmas/New Year’s break and commit to returning to WDDS in April or at the end of your semester.
If you want a summer job that truly makes a difference in the lives of people with developmental disabilities, then WDDS is the place for you.
To be considered for a Direct Support Professional position at WDDS you must have:
• Minimum Grade 12 and currently in Post-Secondary education. Related experience supporting people with developmental disabilities would be an asset
• Valid Driver’s License with a current Driver’s Abstract
• Current Police Check including Vulnerable Screening
• Valid CPR Emergency First Aid Certificate
• Ability to do personal care and/or work with people with high behaviours
• Flexibility in working hours to accommodate support requirements. This will include working days, afternoons, evenings, nights, weekends and public holidays.
If you feel you can make a difference and want a summer job with meaning that will provide you with excellent work experience, please send your resume along with a cover letter indicating that you are looking for summer employment to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only candidates selected to begin the selection process will be contacted. Candidates must provide proof of education credentials at the time of the interview along with three (3) employment references.
WDDS is an equal opportunity employer and we value the importance of diversity, dignity and worth of every individual in the workplace. WDDS offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in its recruitment processes. If you are contacted by WDDS regarding a job opportunity, please advise prior to the interview if you require accommodation.